Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Step it up...

Okay so since Monday 3/5 days I have hit the 10,000 mark. Which is an improvement. But I don't feel like it's necessarily a congratulations worthy improvement. I'm struggling to meet the minimum that I've set for myself.

But we are on the up and up. I won't dog on myself for not being there. I will just be a better version of myself today. The last few days that I've hit 10,000 steps, I've done so in birkenstocks. While comfortable, it's not the best footwear decision for a 3 mile walk.

Today I have laced up my trainers and made a commitment to meet my friend, Lee, in Central Park. I've sorta pre-mapped out my walk and I think I will be able to get a 5 mile walk in before I get home tonight. I should be able to surpass the 10,000 and maybe makeup for yesterday's measly 4,500 (lower than an F if I were being graded).

I have also made a pact with boyfriend. I will no longer eat ice cream. I don't need it. I've eaten enough ice cream for a lifetime. And I'm replacing starches and calorie dense foods like cheese when I make meal decisions. Skip the potatoes, go for some grilled zucchini. Skip the bun, go for  a wrap. Skip the cheese add extra tomato. When the sweet tooth hits, reach for some fruit. Want to go out? Get that delicious looking chicken... in a salad. Or fish... with greens. Or the turkey burger instead of the sirloin.

We're revamping the contents of the house a bit. He loves pasta. That is going to be around. I have to adjust. But we have pre-cooked some beans and meat for wraps. We are pre-making some fruit salads in small containers that are satisfactory for when I tell myself "a little something." I have pre-bagged cheese in half cups (all of this plastic is terrible for the environment) so I don't go overboard when I make a sandwich, or put some on salad, or on top of steamed veggies.

It's a little frustrating to have to go back to square one with all this but it's needed. I obviously have not been flexing my self-control lately and as a result even that has gotten flabby and weak.

I am so damn proud of myself this week though. It is day 5 of not buying any sort of sweet... and yesterday I fought that pretty hard. Walking past 8 duane reades/drugstores on the way home... all of them carrying those chocolate covered peanuts that are only like... $3.50 a bag. This is how we whip that self-control and discipline back into shape. Small positive and consistent decisions add up.

Big Fat Love,
Nanette

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you have a good plan. I need to start pre-making meals and ready snacks. It'll make things so much easier. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your substitute list. Once you get into the habit of doing it, it becomes easier.

    ReplyDelete

sorry guys, so much spam, gotta put the filters up again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...