Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Guilt Post

This is my guilt post. I have carb overloaded today. I had 2 slices of Margherita pizza for lunch. I'm still under the caloric and carb limits that MyFitnessPal has set for me. As a result, I don't feel great. I'm bloaty and too full. I over-indulged with a friend who is experiencing her first break up. Again... the social eating. I've done mostly well with her. I've been helping her move out of their shared apartment while we talk instead of stuffing my face when we talk.

I will be a stronger person. My body is made of cells and the cells are made of what I eat. I will make healthy, organic cells that are fully functional and made with proper nutrition. I will drink enough water (I still have 5 hours to make that happen). I will plan my meals better for tomorrow and the weekend.

I'm thinking, since I have a particular hard time with weekends, that I should make my Saturdays a raw food/vegan day. I mean... that's one entire day of not eating garbage. But I will definitely need to grocery shop and to find recipes before the weekend starts. I find that without preparation and forethought, I eat too much of sparsely nutritious food. So this weekend, I'm going to try my hand at making my own Breakfast Bars with fiber and protein for those mornings on the go and those afternoon carb cravings.

Wednesday is the only day of the 5 day week that I don't spend doing any physical activity. So in addition to the poor eating, I'm feeling really guilty and lethargic. I refuse to fall back into old habits. Tonight I will walk home from work (.5 miles) instead of catch the quick ride home with a coworker. I will push myself hard tomorrow in swimming and dance. I will pick up my walking pace and get that heart pumping.

Water: 80oz (it's only 5pm though, I can get in another 40).
Workouts: 3/6 for the week.
Veggies: 3/2 servings

Big Fat {guilty} Love,
Nanette

3 comments:

  1. There are worse kind of pizzas you could have eaten so don't beat yourself up, you stopped at 2 and you still had 1/2 the day to make up for it with water and exercise if you were feeling really guilty. Heck you have 1/2 the week yet and it sounds like you have plans to work towards making up for it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Societal eating can be rough, but you are right, you are a stronger person! Hope the walk went well and great job getting back on track. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What KT said...social eating can be really tough!! Next time, have one slice and a salad. You could also try my own tried and true: work it off. If I overeat, I exert that many calories worth of exercise within the next 48 hours. I want a piece of cake? That will cost me 30 minutes on a treadmill, or a ten mile bike ride with hills.

    That said - no self bashing allowed. It's done, it's over, and you start fresh right this instant. Make good choices tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

sorry guys, so much spam, gotta put the filters up again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...