E2E weigh in later after the gym. Miss April tagged me in an 11 random things about yourself post. Being a relatively new blogger... this might help out my personality regarding non-weight stuff. heh.
here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. you must post 11 random things yourself.
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. no stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!
11 Random Things.
1. I am a total dork for art supplies. But I hate calling it "crafting" or "scrapbooking" because it sounds mum-sy.
2. I wish I were better at languages. I've taken a year of german in college, but despite my efforts, the teacher passed me out of sheer goodwill. My voice studies have taught me how to SOUND like I can speak/sing that language, but I can't put a sentence together for the life of me.
3. I have a cute yellow piggy bank that is almost filled to the brink with change. I call it my pig of dreams. It has wings... like the plane that's going to get me out of here.
4. I was in Napoleon Dynamite... and I hate the movie.
5. I cannot read more than one book at a time. But I can finish a book a day if I put my mind and a few hours to it. Last year I read over 100 books. AND I WISH I COULD READ ON THE ELLIPTICAL... there would be even more!
6. Even though I'm fat, I don't think I'm ugly, nor do I hate my body.
7. The chore I hate most is doing dishes and I kinda hate saturday because that's the day that I do the entire weeks worth. Though my friend Sarah came up with a really great idea... when I get home from work, set a timer for 15 minutes and clean. Only for 15 minutes. It would appeal to the competitive nature in me.
8. I found a dead Native American in a hot spring this May. I wrote an essay about it. If you want to read it, post below and I'll post it another day. It seems like my family is always finding dead people.
9. Nothing bothers me more than tardiness. I can get SO MAD about it. Bc we live in a culture that doesn't understand how disrespectful it is. When you are late the message you send is "my time is more important than your time." It is SO selfish and non-committal.
10. Sometimes I feel like the biggest bitch in Idaho (not just physically). That's something I liked about NYC. Biggest bitch in Idaho. Nicest person on the street in NY. I'm honest and straightforward. Sometimes that gets interpreted as brash and abrasive.
11. I wish more than anything that I were a more naturally positive person. So I'm working on it.
1. What are your all time favorite songs? 1-3 choices and why?
Cavalleria Rusticana's "Voi lo sapete" - It is beautiful and heart wrenching and captures that "left me for another woman" idea SO passionately and sensitively. (p.s. I want to sing like this lady so hard). Listen for the orchestra crying.
Brazilian Girls "Good Time" - I wake up to this and dance around my house trying to wake up - kind of like a 90's movie montage.
CocoRosie "Lemonade" - New love. I'm obsessed with this video.
2. Who is your favorite author and/or book?
John Green is by far my favorite. He writes young adult fiction but does it oh so well. relatable characters. Lovely quirks. Great stories. You can check him out on YouTube if you've got a few minutes and want the joy of SHEER EDUCATIONAL ENTERTAINMENT.
3. What is a word that you dislike and wish would be abolished from the human language? But I love words! I can't think of any that I would want to get rid of.
4. What is your dream job/career/profession? Ideally, a member of an opera company... minus the auditioning for your job every three or four months.
5. Do you have a particular tradition on your birthday? I make a huge deal out of my birthday. I like to. It makes me feel young. Usually I try to get as large a group as possible and then rent out a banquet room at a restaurant.
6. What is your dream vacation spot? Dream vacation... I would love to visit the British Isles.
7. What is your biggest nerd trait or habit, if any? My friend Jason and I send each other vocabulary words every day.
8. Do you believe in ghosts and/or spirits? Any encounters/hauntings? I'm not sure what I believe as far as all that goes. I believe in being totally creeped out. But I've never experienced haunting.
9. From the time you get out of bed until you get out the door for the day to work or wherever... how long does it take you? Shower, dress, make-up, coffee, etc..? I schedule and hour. But it really only takes 20 minutes or so. The other 40 minutes is trying to convince myself to put on pants.
10. Did you have a childhood toy, teddy bear, etc. that was your fave and what was its name? I didn't have a favorite. I had a lot of stuffed animals and I would make sure to kiss them all the same amount of times before I went to bed so they wouldn't get jealous.
11. Did you make 2012 Resolutions and what are the top two? GRADUATE. Save $5000.
Next 11 users
1. Melissa - Eaba
5. Carbie Girl
Next 11 questions
1. Where do you spend the most of your internet time? Favorite website?
2. Most creative insult -
3. What non-related goal do you have for yourself?
4. Favorite movie of all time -
5. Do you have a mantra? A positive phrase you tell yourself often?
6. If you could do anything over, what would it be?
7. What's your favorite vacation memory?
8. Who do you look up to? Why?
9. It's Senior year of high school... What were you wearing?
10. What's your biggest temptation?
11. Can you name all 7 dwarves (snow white and the) without looking it up? Yeah? Prove it.