Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back On The Wagon #2

I'm titling the rest of the week "back on the wagon" to remind myself of the commitment it's going to take. I just maintained last week. But with fewer work outs and carb indulgences, I'm feeling like I'm mentally 20lbs heavier.

Menu
Breakfast: access bar, banana
Snack: 3 eggs w/mozz + salsa
Lunch: Steamed broccoli and a tomato
Snack: Tuna salad + pear + orange. 
Dinner: Steak. mmm. 
Pre-bed Snack: peanut butter and apple slices. 

Work out
50 min swim class (arms). 
10 min round of 
     - 10 pushups
     - 25 crab cross over toe touches. 
     - 15 pulse squats (3 pulses and then go down all the way). 
     - 20 squat jumping jacks. 
Made it through 3x in 10 min. 

50sec on/ 10 sec off; 3 rounds. (12 min). 
     - plank. 
     - bicep curls (10lb weights). 
     - Triceps (10lb weights). 
     - love handle bends (25lb kettlebell). 

Best part! We did it all barefoot. It helped with my squats so much... I was able to put my weight on my heels and keep my toes free (the key to avoiding knee injury). 

My right shoulder is giving me some pinching pain today so I modified some of the work outs... Like pushups. I did those from the knees until I just couldn't anymore and then held plank until Trainer finished her set. 

I'm happy to be moving again. It feels good despite the shoulder. I'm going to take some ibuprofen and ice it a little. I probably pushed too hard today. We may be skipping push ups this week. Plank was good though, I can keep doing that. Gotta tighten up this belly of mine. 

Also, seeing a smaller number on the scale today. 314! :) 

Big Fat MOVE IT Love, 
Nanette

12 comments:

  1. wow! your trainer sounds awesome! congrats on the one pound down. you really sound like you mean some serious business :-) cant wait for the official weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a more positive attitude! That will make a big difference in your stick-to-itiveness. The scale is moving in the right direction and so is the rest of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the attitude comment and congrats on the scale victory glad to see your "back on the wagon"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving you a big clap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Nanette! *\(^_^)/*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love smaller numbers on the scale!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. back on the wagon indeed. eggs, veggies, fruit, peanut butter, steak. i am going to steal your menu for the next few days. too many packaged foods over here in Cali. kick ass, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nanette! Re: your comment to Myra about calcium - made me think of this piece I just read (and this is a great site, btw) :

    http://smallbites.andybellatti.com/calcium-misinformation-courtesy-of-us-news-world-report/

    Just as an example, almond milk has nearly 2x the calcium of skim/2%/whole cow's milk, with less than half the calories and ZERO g of sugar...check out some other non-dairy calcium sources (I'm not a dairy fan so I'm biased, but these are worth anyone's consideration). Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great resource! Looks like I've been doing well with the non-dairy calcium as well. Gonna try dairy free week starting on Sunday!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you are doing great. You are putting in the effort and you are reaping the rewards. Keep it up. Oh, and sorry to ask this in your comments but I don't see a way to email you. Have you heard from Miss April 30 before 30? Her site is invitation only now and I have been following you and her since the Christmas Dress Challenge. Do you have a way to contact her for me? my email is lorece3@gmail.com. Can you please let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barefoot is BEST!!! Our trainer has always pushed swinging kettlebells and lifting in bare feet. It's much easier to grip the floor, keep balance and it lessens the strain on the back and knees.

    Great work, Nanette!

    ReplyDelete

sorry guys, so much spam, gotta put the filters up again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...